May 2, 1888 - The last buildings are moved from Wano to St. Francis so that the town and its people can be on the rail line.
Aug. 25, 1888 - After the route of the railroad from Kansas City to Parsons had been definitely settled, N. L. Ard, J. L. Roberts, J. A. Nicholson, W. D. and H. W. Cox, and O. P. Mattson, purchased 20 acres where the present town of Elsmore stands.
Nov. 9, 1888 - Coal mine Shaft No. 2 in Frontenac explodes, killing 47 miners.