The Early History of Freeport
by Frank W. Blackmar (1912)
Freeport, one of the smaller incorporated towns of Harper county, is located on the Missouri Pacific R. R. 12 miles northeast of Anthony, the county seat. It has a score of business houses, a bank [Editors note: this supposedly was the Freeport State Bank of today], an elevator, a money order postoffice with one rural route, and is supplied with express and telegraph offices. The population in 1910 was 250.
Freeport is located at 37°11'50N, 97°51'23W (37.197234, -97.856481). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.5 km² (0.2 mi²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6 people, 3 households, and 3 families residing in the city. The population density was 12.2/km² (31.5/mi²). There were 5 housing units at an average density of 10.2/km² (26.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 100.00% White.
There were 3 households out of which none had persons under the age of 18 living with them, 66.7% were married couples living together, and 33.3% had a female householder with no husband present. The average household size was 2.00 and the average family size was 2.00.
In the city the population was spread out with 33.3% from 45 to 64, and 66.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 66 years. For every 100 females there were 100 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $31,250, and the median income for a family was $31,250. Males had a median income of $0 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the city was $14,590. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.